Media Contact and Fast Facts
Members of the media and public relations spokespersons may contact our Chief Communications Officer, Elizabeth Rockwell, by e-mailing her at email@example.com or by calling her at (305) 375-1881.
Some basic facts about the MPO:
- Metropolitan Planning Organizations (MPO) are federally mandated agencies.
- The Miami-Dade MPO guides the transportation planning process in Miami-Dade County.
- The Miami-Dade MPO Governing Board oversees the planning process by ensuring a locally-driven process to identify and prioritize projects is followed.
- One of the primary functions is to produce and update the County’s Long Range Transportation Plan (LRTP) and Transportation Improvement Program (TIP).
- The LRTP is a comprehensive transportation infrastructure plan that includes transit, rail, airport, seaport, freight, pedestrian, bicycle, trails, and highway improvements.
- The TIP documents immediate construction projects for all modes of transportation in Miami-Dade County.
- The Miami-Dade MPO oversees the creation of non-motorized systems and facilities for cyclists and pedestrians.
Back to Top Page Last Edited: Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:48:45 PM
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.