Metromover System Expansion Study
Created to Assess the viability of expanding and closing to loops of the Metromover system which would provide greater access and system efficiency within downtown Miami and the Brickell and Omni areas.
Transit Oriented Development (TOD) Trip Generation Study
This study aimed to collect quantitative data on trip generation patterns and estimate the reduction in automobile trips obtained in Transit Oriented Developments (TOD) in Miami-Dade County.
Palmetto Station Intermodal Terminal Feasibility Study
This study evaluates the feasibility of establishing the Palmetto Metrorail Station as a multimodal/intermodal terminal facility.
Call for Ideas… Get Involved… Make a Difference!
The Miami-Dade MPO is seeking creative ideas for transportation planning studies that will provide effective solutions to alleviate traffic congestion in the areas of highways, transit, freight, air, sea, non-motorized, and safety. Submissions will be considered for inclusion in the Unified Planning Work Program (UPWP). Ideas selected by a development committee, representing various transportation agencies, will then be recommended for adoption by the MPO Governing Board. This is your opportunity to get involved and make a difference!
Stephen P. Clark Center
111 NW 1 Street, Suite 920
Miami, FL 33128
(305) 375-4950 fax
Should you have any questions, please contact UPWP Project Manager, Oscar Camejo.
It’s Time to ThinkBike Miami!
Participate in the ThinkBike 2015 Workshop from January 12-15, 2015. Also, enter the LoveBike contest for a chance to win a VanMoof bicycle. The winner will be announced at the ThinkBike closing party on the plaza at History Miami. Registration is required.
Download the ThinkBike 2015 Workshop press release.
Miami-Dade MPO receives “Award of Excellence”...
The Miami-Dade MPO’s “Miami-Dade 2040 Long Range Transportation Plan” has been selected for an Award of Excellence in the 14th Annual Planning Awards by the Gold Coast Section of the American Planning Association. Plan innovations include:
- There was a concerted effort to reach Millennials, which included interactive meetings at local college campuses.
- “Blocks & Ribbons” public involvement exercise that provided a 3-D interactive medium for participants to visualize population and employment growth, and to provide transportation solutions within limited funding.
- Interactive survey technology was utilized at public involvement meetings to gauge sentiment regarding mobility issues and challenges facing Miami-Dade County.
- The Mobility Needs Assessment Tool (MNAT) was developed with a study preceding the LRTP update process to provide a corridor level mobility assessment tool.
- Financial Set-Asides were made for Non-Motorized, Congestion Management, and Freight specific projects.
- Emphasis was made on improving freight movement and freight intermodal connections between PortMiami, Miami International Airport, and the regional transportation network.
- Highlights several “illustrative” projects, which are projects that may be included in the 20-year plan time frame if additional financial resources become available.
- For a select few of the illustrative projects, P-3 could be a project delivery mechanism whereby the private sector may help speed up implementation by participating in financing, design/build, and operations & maintenance (O&M).
Miami Lakes Greenways and Trails Master Plan
The Miami Lakes Greenways and Trails Master Plan complements the Town’s Comprehensive Master Plan vision to create safe and convenient non-motorized transportation to connect communities, recreational parks, schools, office parks, and businesses. When implemented, the Plan will provide a network of off-road shared use paths (for bicycling, walking, in-line skating, etc.), as well as a network of on-road facilities including bike lanes on major thoroughfares and neighborhood greenways on low-speed, low-volume streets.
Supporting the “Drive Safe Krome Avenue” Campaign
Along with local law enforcement agencies and municipalities, the Miami-Dade MPO is actively supporting the Florida Department of Transportation’s (FDOT) “Drive Safe Krome Avenue” campaign. Education efforts will be focused on the traveling public who use Krome Avenue through extensive media availabilities and community outreach events along the corridor and throughout the County. Take the aggressive driving quiz now.
Back to Top Page Last Edited: Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:49:51 PM
Calendar of Meetings & Events
|TPTAC - CANCELED|
|MPO Governing Board Workshop|
|TPC - CANCELED|
|Freight Transportation Advisory Committee (FTAC)|
|MPO Governing Board - CANCELLED|
|Bicycle Pedestrian Advisory Committee (BPAC)|
|Citizens Transportation Advisory Committee (CTAC)|
You are now leaving the official website of Miami-Dade County government. Please be aware that when you exit this site, you are no longer protected by our privacy or security policies. Miami-Dade County is not responsible for the content provided on linked sites. The provision of links to these external sites does not constitute an endorsement.
Please click 'OK' to be sent to the new site, or Click 'Cancel' to go back.